Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Planting Trees

I've been planting a few trees this week - probably doing it too soon because the rst of the garden still needs levelling - but I thought I needed to get something in! Hopefully they will live and won't need digging up again.
We got a landscape plan done last year - before the house was built and before the site was levelled at all. The trees are all native species - Ash, Birch , Beech , Rowan, Alder,Lime (not sure if they are really Native Irish). I probably went a bit over the top and got thirty! There are still at least half of them to plant - but they might have to wait a while till the lawn area is dug and levelled and the kerbs for the driveway put in. The soil is pretty much like gravel - and is very stony and hard to dig - so I hope the tree can cope!
The front wall should be started on Friday - blocks with a natural stone facing (Limestone).

No comments: